Monday, March 31, 2014

Stretch the comfort zone, take on challenges, and HAVE FUN!

"If you are never scared, embarrassed, or hurt, it means you never take chances."
I got the opportunity to head north to Boston this weekend and compete in the TriMania expo triathlon competition with a few of my Rev3 teammates. It was a great early-season experience to get out there and have some fun with great people, doing what we love to do! The day began with a campus race, a swim-relay and ended with an indoor bike TT. What amazed me was the intensity these people had…not just at this simple expo, but in MARCH, so early in the year. We vowed to be the team that had the most FUN, and it’s obvious here:

We proudly represented Revolution Three Triathlon, and had so much fun doing it! I love our team, and so honored to be a part of it. I was able to take a step back from all of this and digest the times, the intensity and realize where I am in my training. After talking to some others about it, it’s great to do these early season events to see where you are in your training. They are great measures of fitness, comfort zones, and your outlook on the season ahead. Triathlon can be overwhelming at times and a great balance of personal life and training schedule. This was a good weekend for me to have fun, and press that reset button as I think ahead to my 2014 race season. Time to push that comfort zone, take on some new challenges, and definitely have some FUN!



No comments:

Post a Comment