Friday, March 2, 2012

Lucky in Life!!

I've been waiting a long time to meet a certain little person and I finally got the chance today! Four weeks ago today, Sean Jr was born to my dear friends Tressa and Sean, and today was my chance to lay my eyes on this precious little nugget!! Not only is he blessed with the most awesome parents, beautiful eyes, and a super cool Mohawk, but he is also blessed with an extra chromosome...Downs Syndrome. This wasn't known until after birth, as all tests were negative durning pregnancy! Almost like hitting the lottery... Less than a 5%chance for this to even occur.

I admire the positive attitude of my friends and I'm so proud of them... Nobody ever expects these things to happen, much as with any serious diagnosis or health condition. As with my cancer diagnosis, the initial shock can be a huge weight to bear...but with time gets easier. The strange part is that I can honestly say I've embraced so much of this illness and glad its changed my life. It's brought so much goodness, despite the negative impact I thought all the surgeries and treatments would bring.

I know little Sean will to be faced with challenges, as we all are in life. But with that beautiful little face, and so much love surrounding him... The odds are in his favor. He truly is blessed, and so lucky in life! Welcome to the world Sean Jr!

No comments:

Post a Comment